Dr. Beth Y. Karlan M.D.
Director, Women’s Cancer Program in the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute
Director, Division of Gynecologic Oncology
Director, Gilda Radner Hereditary Cancer Program
Board of Governors Chair in Gynecologic Oncology
Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology
The research studies of Beth Karlan, MD, focuses on ovarian cancer specific biomarkers for early detection, prognostication and targeted/individualized therapy, and inherited cancer susceptibility.
- Medical School: Harvard Medical School, 1982
- Internship: Yale-New Haven Hospital, 1983
- Residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital, 1986
- Fellowship: UCLA Medical Center, 1989
Awards & Activities
- Editor-in-Chief: Gynecologic Oncology, Current
- Distinguished Service Award, Society of Gynecologic Oncology — recognizing achievements as Editor-in-Chief of Gynecologic Oncology Journal and Gynecologic Oncology Reports, 2015
- Claudia Cohen Research Foundation Prize for Outstanding Cancer Researcher, 2015
- Member, National Cancer Advisory Board, 2012
- Clinical Research Professorship: American Cancer Society, 2011
- Prize for Excellence in Ovarian Cancer Research, Gynecologic Cancer Foundation, 2008
- Board of Governors Chair in Gynecologic Oncology, 1995
- There were no results found.