- This program has passed.
Responding to Your Soul’s Yearning: Choosing Judaism
April 25, 2018 | 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
This interactive workshop articulates the spiritual benefits of choosing Judaism as the soul’s path and provides a framework for finding the necessary resources for converting to Judaism. We will discuss such spiritual benefits as:
- The sense of a caring community
- Invitation to question
- Rituals that bring you closer to a sense of the Divine
- Practical activities–doing–that bring you closer to one another and Divine
- Spiritual principles that help one lead a good, ethical life
- Goal of healing the world
- One God
- Shabbat–a day out of time and daily stresses
- A framework for a progressive process will include:
- Locating a course of study
- Choosing mentoring rabbi
- Practical next steps
- Selecting a Jewish name
- What to expect from the Rabbinical Court and Mikveh
Participant will leave with a gift bag that will enhance Jewish practice.
All are welcome especially those interested in formalizing their Jewish identity and those who have a family member who may be considering this path.